Single Serving Banana Chocolate Muffin
For as long as I can remember, banana bread has been one of my top favorite snacks and treats. This one has a bit of protein in it, is gluten free, and still so dang delicious!
Eating banana bread brings me back to my childhood when my Mom would make banana bread loaves in mass and we'd toast small pieces for breakfast or a midnight snack. I especially love this recipe for not only bringing back a little piece of nostalgia, but also for re-creating that fresh-out-of-the-oven warmth in a personal portion.
If you're looking for a little snack, dessert, or breakfast, this recipe is an awesome and quick to make single serving or sharable option. Another thing you'll love is that this recipe is made up of ingredients that are healthier for your body than traditional banana bread recipes - with all the yummy flavors and deliciousness we all love!
Banana chocolate muffin recipe
1 large ripe banana
1 cup of oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup protein powder (about 3 tbsp)
3 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp brown sugar (I used Swerve Brown Sugar)
1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips (I used the brand Lillys)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix all ingredients at once, excluding the banana and chocolate chips. After mixing, then add in the 1 large banana mashed.
3. After the batter is fully mixed, then mix in the chocolate chips.
4. Portion the batter into 2 small oven safe bowls/jars.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the tops appear like the photo here. Rounded & fluffy!
6. Let it cool or enjoy it warm. We love adding an extra 1/4 cup of sugar free chocolates with a little peanut butter drizzled on top. 😍 HOLY MOLY! SO TASTY!
1 serving is roughly:
A little peek of what you have to look forward to:
Recipe made with love by Alyssa
Mahalo for checking out this Love Fitness x Aly Marie recipe! For more on Alyssa, check out her Instagram @alymariee._ and Lifestyle Blog for recipes and more!
Leave a comment